Howdy South Brooklyn Children’s Garden members!??Lots of fun events and important news coming your way!? In this edition you will find:
- Shift needs – open hours – please help!
- Save the date: October 18th – all members meeting at 10 a.m.??Member survey will be released on October 3rd.
- Garden planning update
- Needs for Harvest Festival on October 25th
- Community happenings
Please sign up for the following shifts via our?calendar😕
Open Hours – shifts open all weekend!
- Saturday,?October 4th?at 2 p.m.
- Sunday,?October 5th at 10 a.m. and?12 noon
- We also need Open Hours coverage for Columbus Day weekend – all shifts!
- October 7 and 8 (Tuesday and Wednesday)
Save the date!? October 18th – all members meeting at 10 a.m.??
We want to hear from YOU!? Join other garden members to enjoy coffee and goodies, to discuss our 2014 season, and to plan for next year.? Prior to the meeting you will receive a link from Survey Monkey to share your feedback.? The board will share the results during the meeting.
We will also:
- Review our mission statement
- Call for an additional board member
- Review our budget
A separate?comms with meeting details will be sent out in the near future.
Garden work and news:
For this weekend, we have one simple chore which is?to lay the white garden sheeting on the cole crop beds?to deter the cabbage worms.
Upcoming chores and general reminders: ?
We will be planting the garlic bulbs (in bed 6), crocus and snow drop bulbs in the wildflower garden?on October 18 (in bed 6) and that will be the final planting for the year.? It’s hard to believe we are already discussing the final planting!
Needs for Harvest Festival on October 25th
On October 25th we will be hosting our third annual Harvest Festival!? The events committee has planned so many fun activities, including a pie contest and an apple press!? More details to come in a separate email.
Here are some Harvest Festival needs we hope our community can help with:
- Tractor – We’d love to have a tractor parked outside the garden so children can see the equipment and take photos with it.? Does anyone know of anyone who may have a tractor that we may borrow or rent?
- Old clothes for scarecrows!? We need donations of old clothes to make scarecrows.? Kids’ clothes work well, and they should be stuffable (long sleeve shirts, overalls, hats, pillowcases – you get the idea!)
Columbia Waterfront Halloween Party and Parade – in its 11th year!??Join your neighbors and don your costumes one last time?on Saturday, November 1st.? It’s a morning event from 10 AM – 12 PM and the Underground Horns band will the parade around the neighborhood.? There will be?face painting and more!? More details to come.
Best, ? Francine